Sunday 23 March 2014

Music Magazine Cover: Progress Report

This is my first progress report of my music magazine cover. I initially incorporated my masthead on my contents page. My plan was to use something that was eye-catching and looked like an authentic magazine masthead. Once my masthead font was produced; I created a black stoke around my red masthead to make it stand out a bit better; and then I used the italic type tool to make it look more stylish and professional. At the top of the magazine cover, I have created a header. I have used the header to promote the artist's in my magazine (i.e. Bob Marley). Next to promotional header I have included a pug which promotes the magazine by the offering a free CD to the customers/readers. 

After taking the photo of the chosen artist for the cover of the magazine, I felt that the quality of the picture (below) was not suitable for the front of the magazine so I decided to edit the picture. 
There was four edits that I created.
After pondering on what picture I should use, I decided I would use the picture that would be best associated with my future splash "Blurred Lines"; which is the first picture at the top. 
Once I decided on what edited picture I would use; I started to create my splash. I already decided on what my splash was going to be called during my creation of my pictures. So all I needed to do was to find a font that would suit the cover's image. I decided on using the same font that I used on my masthead. I also incorporated a yellow stroke for my red font.  

No comments:

Post a Comment